Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Street Food At It's Best!

We finally noticed this local street stand that we had walked by a million times before. I had read in some of my printouts to try some of the street stands around this particular square and so we went out to realize that it must be this one! It was SO good and SO cheap! The lady, who was amazing, was making all kinds of arepas and in all varieties and shapes! there were at least 5 or 6 different ones! Some made with corn and some with sweet potato I think, then filled with meat, cheese or egg, or all! All then there were 2 or 3 different sauces that you put with each one. So I would point to the locals as to which one to put with each one, and they would direct me.... it was fantanstic, I could have spend all night hanging with them! We had no more meals left so this was just a snack before dinner, so we share one of each kind as not to ruin our appetites but wish we could have gone back again!

The Arepas Stand
located just off Santo Diego Square
Cartagena, Colombia






No comments:

Post a Comment