Wednesday, June 10, 2009

El Santisimo E Fantastico!

El Santisimo is a well-known restaurant in Cartagena and I got the feeling that it is popular both among tourists and locals. However it did feel quite catered to tourists because the menu was all in English, which disappointed me a little. I like it when I have to guess and point! ;) It's quite a fancy place and although we all weren't so good at converting the rate I'm pretty sure it was expensive. Of course not really expensive by our New York standards but expensive for Colombia. The food was very good. It wasn't my favourite meal on the trip after trying all of it but it was good and well-presented. We all got obsessed with this candied plantain, which is a local favourite, it's magenta pink and tastes like bubblegum! It's a big sickly-sweet but it goes nicely with the fish and coconut rice.

El Santisimo
Calle el Santisimo No 8-19,
Cartagena, Colombia
(575) 664 36 16 - 660 15 31
restauranteelsantisimo.com









No comments:

Post a Comment